Saturday, December 30, 2006

Podcasts that I Listen Too

Podcasts that I Listen To Frequently


After talking with a fellow teacher, she thought it might be useful to specifically name a couple of podcasts that I listen to, along with how I use them. Hopefully, your memory is short and you forgot about how I talked about forsaking national media.

Inside Minnesota Politics This was one of the first podcast that I began listening to regularly. The host and producer, Mike McIntee, is a person that has been a great resource to me personally, but also students. When I was at MNCS, we visited his house/studio and he also came down to Henderson to talk podcasting. The posts have slowed down and Mr. McIntee is busy pursuing interests that helped develop from his knowledge of media. Inside Minnesota Politics was started purely grassroots (called "netroots" on the Internet) and ended up being a great source of information on candidates. This podcast has caused a lot of debate in the blogging and streaming video world. Search for yourself and see.

Meet the Press (hosted by Tim Russert) A weekly staple that I listen to stay informed about national politics. I usually listen to the audio format from the iTunes music store, but I included the video link for easy reference.

Face the Nation (host by Bob Schieffer) Another podcast that I listen to using audio from iTunes. Without the network commercials, this show only lasts about just over 20 minutes.

NPR Technology A weekly podcast which is feautures weekly highlights in business, technology trends and technology news. This is one of my favorites, as it usually reports the latest news or trends that I try to do research on. Some examples include: YouTube and video news, Google insight, the online game Second Life explanation, plus a whole lot more.

Mac Observer's Geek Gab A podcast that highlights listener questions and tips.

These are a few podcasts that I listen to quite regularly. Of course their are many others, but they are a bit more political in nature.

Here is a link to a podcast done by a student in my group:
Wholesomegoodness Podcast

I hope this helps! As always, if you want to chat about any of this, you know how to get a hold of me.

Stay tuned for a the next post in which I will use an example project and link useful podcasts to check out. The first person to email me an "example project" will get a jump start on their project.

*Aaron*







No comments: