Saturday, June 09, 2007

Google Labs

If you are bored or just a trend nut like me, check out Google Labs for the latest research and development projects by Google.

One of the current products of particular interest (although they are all interesting to me) is the Google Voice Local Search. Essentially, this can replace the service 411 that costs the user money. Although it is still in its experimental stage, I did find the top 8 coffee shops in St. Paul. It was a little rough when I asked for Dunn Bros. and they connected me to Dunkin Donuts. When I finally found my destination, I said "text message" at the end, and I was sent the address, phone number and Google Map URL of the location. On my phone, I clicked the link and was given a map of my new location. Pretty cool, especially since it is free.

No comments: