Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mobile Technology and Quick Education Chatter

I thought I would give a quick post about a new phone I am trying out, the Tmobile Wing. This phone is the upgrade to the Cingular 8525. Notice both company use their brand name to market the phone. I have hear that both phones are made by HTC, a company that specializes in mobile technology.




This video from Youtube is courtesy of: Phonescoop

I have had my Wing for over two weeks now, and I have to say that I like it a lot. I would like it even more if I didn't have to use Windows, being that I am a Mac person. I can't wait for the iPhone to come out, but I don't want to fork over the money, or pay to switch cell carriers.

I have argued with many people on whether mobile technology will rear its head in education, which I believe it will. Internet technology is creating more and more information on demand. Here is an example in France where people can learn English using their phones. I have heard that China is taking advantage of this technology too. Do a simple search for "learning english on a phone" and you will be amazed.

Mobile technology is another example of a technology tool that can radically change the way education is delivered. The problem I sometimes encounter in educational conversation is that people view current technology with past experience and past frames, rather than trying to be creative and say "what if...?" Although, I am hopeful and committed to seek out new ways of doing things. ;)

Questions? Let me know.

No comments: