Monday, August 06, 2007

Bad Blogger with a Google of Excuses

I apologize for my lack of posts over the summer. As teachers, we always think we will have so much free time, which never seems to be the case.

I can update you on a few of the things I have been up to, which pertain mostly to Google Applications. (Google Apps. for those in the know)

At the end of July, I did a presentation with Nick Ryan (a fellow teacher at MNCS) at EdVisions Summer Institute concerning collaborative technology. You can check Nick's thoughts out here. If you want to check out some of the web-based software we played around with, click here.

Additionally, Cain, Broden and I spent 16 days in Florida. While we were there, besides mowing lawns and enjoying utter relaxation, I build a website using Google Apps. for my friends Chris and Colin. You can click here to check out the simple site. For $10 I was able to buy the domain, build a site and get up to 200 web based (gmail) accounts, as well as a few other features. Put Outlook to bed I say. Of course I had to purchase http://www.aarongrimm.com also. ;)

Right now, I am having a lot of fun with Google Documents, which looks like a simplistic piece of software at first glance. I keep discovering new things you can do with it. The collaboration possibilities and ease of use for websites makes this a great discovery.

School is rapidly approaching, the summer is flying by. I will try to get back into the swing of things for the school year.

Aaron

P.S. Enjoy this slide show made on Picasa of a day at the Water Park in Florida.

No comments: