Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nintendo Wii


Thought I would fill all of this serious, education/technology talk with a little personal information about our newly acquired Nintendo Wii (still tech related, I guess).

Cain (my son) and I have been dreaming of getting a Wii after talking with friends that had one. He wanted a XBox 360, but I told him, "son, lets hold out for a Wii." We walked into a Game Crazy and asked "Do you have any Wii's?" one random Sunday before we headed back to school. We assumed the typical "no," since we had asked many times before with "get real" like responses at many different retailers.

Thus far, we have had our Wii about 1 1/2 months and we love it. It is a addicting and a great stress reliever. There are all kinds of extras that come with it, too many to list. A couple include the ability to download most old Nintendo System games, as well as an Internet browser (cost's point = $). We only have the game the comes with the system, Wii Sports (Tennis, Baseball, Bowling, Golf and Boxing). Cain and I both dig tennis.

If you get a chance to try a Wii, check it out. They are hard to find right now, but are quickly beginning to outsell PS3's and XBox 360's. The game play is more of what I was looking for.

And that concludes the video game portion of the program.

Enjoy raking leaves,

Aaron

No comments: