Thursday, March 27, 2008

Updating You with My Google Alerts


About a year ago, I started experimenting with Google Alerts. While it does continue the nonstop flood of email into my inbox, it has definitely been a useful tool to keep up with some of my interests.

For instance, right now I have Google Alerts set up for both the phrases "Minnesota Charter Schools" and "Aaron Grimm."

Having news articles and blogs posts come in about "Minnesota Charter Schools" have helped me to form a more national viewpoint around the Charter movement, both pro and con.

Having all web content that contains my name just seems to be a safeguard, but right now, most of the alerts are fruitless. It is entertaining at the very least, as as soon as I publish this post, an alert is soon to follow.

From now on, I plan to use a some of my alerts as content on this blog.

All the best,

Aaron

2 comments:

TV de LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Placa de Vídeo said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de Vídeo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.