My best buddy and before we ran the Mankato 1/2 Marathon in Oct. 2011
It has been a long, long time since I actually wrote a post. I am freshly into my new gig at EdVisions Cooperative working as the 1/2 time Director.
Not being a weekend Dad has me excited about the little things, like taking your kid for a haircut :)
So what have I been up to the last six months or so? To name a few things:
- was laid off at my job June 1
- did a 3 month stint at a call center for a national wireless retailer (quite an education)
- moved back to my hometown of Mankato
- have gotten to be more than a weekend dad with Broden
- realized how old Cain is getting
- got a new job working in the field I care about most: education
Cain and I tailgating before the Vikings/Packer game - Oct. 2011
The pace of life is much slower in Mankato than in the Twin Cities, which is both good and bad. Life is quite the journey and lately I have hit a few rapids (to use a kayaking analogy). I am not quite sure what is around the next bend of the river, but I plan to keep enjoying the scenery.